About The Project
The Ridge Fieldhouse was designed by John Todd Hetherington, built in 1913, and expanded in the late 1920s. CCC Holdings Inc. was contracted by the Chicago Park District for a window replacement on one of its historic fieldhouses.
The project consisted of an historic window restoration of 16 windows including lead paint abatement, historic wood restoration, and replacement of new leaded glazing inserts.
The Ridge Fieldhouse is relevant to the Powell Courthouse exterior envelope because of the fragile historic wood window restoration required on a building that is over 100 years old. A project of this caliber requires a great attention to detail to restore a fragile historic wood window in an older masonry constructed building.